Cannabidiol (CBD) oil is known for its significant uses and health benefits. As the government legalizes use of medical cannabis in most American states, the trend of taking cannabidiol has become prominent in recent times. Many people use CBD oil in various forms to treat a wide range of health conditions or ensure overall well being with daily dosage of cannabidiol. However, its benefits are still debatable as certain organizations claim CBD to be ineffective in treating various illnesses or symptoms.
Despite the controversies, cannabidiol is one of the most popular lifestyle medications today, offering remarkable benefits for human health. In this blog, we will discuss what is CBD, its health benefits, and how to use it safely.
What is CBD Oil?
CBD, or cannabidiol, is an important cannabinoid that is derived from cannabis plant through advanced extraction process. It holds several therapeutic properties that can be used to treat a wide variety of symptoms and mental conditions.
CBD oil contains higher concentrations of cannabinoids and can be applied topically or used in daily cooking. The concentrations of CBD and applications of these oils may vary from product to product. Typically, CBD oils have significant health benefits, are safe to use, and do not offer the “high” that comes from smoking weed.
How CBD Oils Work?
CBD is derived from hemp extracts, a part of Cannabis sativa plant – the same from where comes marijuana. However, the biggest difference between the two is that hemp contains higher range of CBD used medicinally, while marijuana mostly contains THC – a powerful psychoactive compound that offers “mind-altering high” when someone smokes or consumes it.
CBD oil renders key health benefits by binding to particular receptors – CB1 and CB2 receptors – that are responsible for managing different bodily functions like movement and coordination, emotions, pain, appetite, thinking, etc.
Health Benefits of CBD Oil
CBD oil may render numerous health benefits as discussed herewith:
- Pain Management and Anti-Inflammation: CBD works as a natural and new alternative to prescription drugs and OTC pain relief medications. The non-psychoactive properties in cannabis, like CBD, can help relieve chronic pain and inflammation.
- Epilepsy: The Food and Drug Administration (FDA) has validated the use of CBD oil for treating two rare conditions of epilepsy – Dravet Syndrome and Lennox-Gastaut Syndrome.
- Anxiety and Stress Disorder: According to researches and customer reviews, CBD oil may help alleviate the conditions of anxiety and stress in people with various kinds of behavioral disorders like panic, post-traumatic stress, obsessive-compulsive behavior, or social anxiety.
- Acne: Treatment of acne is another key use of CBD oil. It helps minimize the secretion of sebum that causes acne.
- Aids in Drug Withdrawal: Researchers found the effectiveness of CBD in helping quit smoking and symptoms related to drug addiction or substance use disorders.
What are the Risks?
While no significant side effects have been reported yet, the long-term safety of using CBD oil has still not been validated.
How to Use CBD Oil?
CBD oil can be applied topically over the skin or taken with a dropper or pipette or consumed with food to have your daily recommended dosage of CBD. If you are the one who likes to vape visit our CBD Cartridges section here.